Wednesday, February 11, 2009

X














X is one of my favorite bands. My dad likes them very much, too. Their names are John Doe, Billy Zoom, D.J. Bonebrake and Exene. My dad took me to see them at a concert last year with his friend James and James' friend Lauren. When we listened to the first song, Billy Zoom let me strum and touch his famous guitar. At the end of the show, Billy Zoom had to carry me around the building, which was the Cat's Cradle. Then I bought a tee-shirt that had the name of one of their songs called "White Girl". I had a good time there. It was so fun and I thought I was the "queen of X" that night or maybe just "princess".

When I wrote this, I was listening to an X cd that has two albums on it - "Los Angeles" and "Wild Gift". My favorite songs are "In This House That I Call Home" and "White Girl". Also, my dad tries to make his hair look like Billy Zoom's hair.

3 comments:

James M Graham said...

Presley,

You WERE the Queen of X that night.

Love,
James

Lauren said...

Presley,

That was one of the most fun I have had at a show in a long long time & one of the best parts was getting to meet you! It is great to see that you have started your own blog & I promise that one of these days we will go to see a Roller Derby bout together or go on some other fun sort of outing. (I have been doing work out of town on the weekends and I was sad that I was not able to go see the last match with you and your Dad - I promise will try to plan better in the future!).

Maybe some Sunday morning when I am in town I can meet you guys for breakfast down at Watkins Grill. It would be wonderful to hear all about what you have been up to lately & I could also bring you that photograph of Billy Zoom serenading the coolest girl at the show :)

*Big Hugs*

Lauren

Toby Roan said...

Hey kid. Reading your thing got me wanting to hear some X. I'm listening to them right now.

Daddy