Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Fiddlers Convention

I want to tell you about this event I went to last year called The Fiddlers Convention. I went with my Grandma Paulette in Galax, Virginia. I thought it was fun. We had fun. I got a t-shirt and some ice-cream, too. There was a very large lady blowing on a plastic milk jug and at the same time another lady, who was the same size, was playing the plastic spoons. I called them the "Picnic Band". We walked around and had fun meeting up with everybody. We watched the bands little by little. I liked it. I want to go again. What it is about is - guys and girls set up on the stage or in their tents and play the fiddle or some other instrument and play country or bluegrass music. You also hang out a lot and buy records from them and stuff. My aunt was there, too. We both were laughing, because there was this strange guy, in one of the bands, who made weird noises in the middle of the song they played. He sounded like a turkey trying to gargle. It was a crazy bunch of stuff that I've never seen before and I really want to go back again.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

We had such a good time at Fiddlers. I can't wait for us to go again this year! We'll take more pictures so we can put them up on our blogs. :)