Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's Been 9 Years

My grandma, who is my mom's mom, passed away on this date - March 5, 2000. I was born in 2001, so I never saw her. We say that she picked me out for my mom in Heaven. My mom named my middle name after my grandma.
.
She loved the Beatles and her favorite one was Paul McCartney. Her favorite song was "Yesterday" and they played it at her funeral. They also played "Let It Be" at her funeral. It fit perfectly - the name in it (Mary) and everything.

I love her even if I never saw her. She's in the best place now.

(Presley gave me a card this morning with a note in it. I wanted to share it here. "Dear Mama, I am sorry you are sad about your mom. She has to be happy up there for so many years. I know she doesn't like her daughter being sad. She's there. Her body is the only thing that's dead. Her soul isn't. She's an angel." What true, sweet words.)

No comments: