Friday, March 13, 2009

80s Video Reviews

"Safety Dance" - Men Without Hats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg
I like this song. You can sing it as soon as you listen to it once and it makes you want to dance. Can you make a big "S" with your hands? It's one of the moves. You put one of your hands on the top and the other on the bottom and freeze. The singer is parading around with a bunch of freaks, trying to make people do the safety dance. Es, es, es, es, ay, ay, ay, ay . . .

"Come On Eileen" - Dexy's Midnight Riders
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXLHUThBib8
There's a town where everyone wears overalls and looks like they never have taken a shower. A guy has some friends trying to get this lady named Eileen. Her friend is saying "Come on Eileen". The guy and his friends are saying "Come on Eileen". She doesn't know what to do, I guess, but she goes with her friend instead. Later the guy catches her. I like the song and video, but I don't like that they are all dirty.

"Girls Just Want To Have Fun" - Cyndi Lauper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mft3_A6qtRA
A girl {teenaged} was supposed (spost) to be home, but she was dancing in the road. She came and danced around her mother in the kitchen, got yelled at by her father and called up all her friends. They all got into floppy dresses and danced all around town in the streets. They caught some cute boys and went back to her house. They piled into her room and partied. I love this song and the video. Girls DO just want to have fun.

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Presley, I used to work with your dad. He told me about your blog a few weeks ago and I have been reading it ever since. You are a terrific writer! And this was great post -- you inspired me to do the Safety Dance!

Abbie

Toby Roan said...

I'd pay money to see Abbie do the Safety Dance!

And I always thought that song said "Chickens Just Wanna Have Fun."

Daddy