Friday, April 3, 2009

Beautiful Joe

Beautiful Joe, a dog rescued from the SPCA was once abused by a mean guy. When he was a puppy, the guy took him and cut off his ears with scissors! I think that's horrible and it just makes me want to cry. The dog might have been put in a pen to fight with other dogs. He would have been dead if the SPCA hadn't rescued him and (the police) arrested the owner for his abuse. I think that guy's punishment should be to cut off his ears. I think that it's terrible how people treat animals.

He was named Beautiful Joe from a book called "Beautiful Joe" (by Margaret Marshall Saunders, 1893), because it was about an owner who cut off his dog's ears and tail. I'm looking to find that book and I hope to meet Beautiful Joe one day. Even though he doesn't have ears, he has love in his eyes and heart. (About Beautiful Joe - http://www.spcawake.org/site/TR?team_id=2520&fr_id=1050&pg=team )

Always remember, you can donate food, money and supplies to the SPCA. The SPCA is kind and loving people that help poor or hurt and homeless animals. And don't forget, you can fill your house and heart with a pet from the SPCA.

No comments: