Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fink

I need to tell you about my puppy, Fink, who is right now 9 months old. Here is his story.

(Back in October, 2008) We were in Walmart paying and a man came up behind us with a puppy - in Walmart! I petted the puppy. His name was "Chance". The man said, "I lost my job and I can't keep my dogs. I am moving to a place where I can't have dogs. I can't afford to feed them either. I got rid of the first one so you can have Chance." My mom said "Okay" and that we would find him a new home. As we walked out of Walmart, everbody was yelling at us to not have dogs in Walmart. Then we found him a home. Where? In our house! We changed his name to Fink. He yells a lot and is very loud, very fast and bites a lot, but we love him. He is just a puppy and will probably grow out of that.

Yesterday on Memorial Day, we let our dogs out into our fenced yard, including Fink. When they came in we didn't notice anything. Then a few hours later, we fed them. Fink came to eat and I noticed that he was standing on three legs! My dad looked and his leg was swollen terribly. My dad took him to the animal emergency room in the middle of the night. It was a bite from a venomous (videmous) snake! He is on a lot of pain medicine (and antibiotics). It has been getting worse. He is very tired, scared and sick and does not wag his tail and does not bark. What is cool about it is last night he slept on my mom and dad's bed and slept right near Miss Clawdy (our cat)! Amazing!

Please keep little puppy Fink in your prayers and thoughts!

No comments: