Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Blind Cats

I found this website today and decided to write about it. It is about this place that helps blind cats, who were given to a shelter that kills them because they are blind and according to them are unadoptable. My cat, Rigby, is going blind and is very old.

You can donate money for all these blind cats. They have a wish list for what they need and you can buy these things right on the website (it is a link to sort of a registry of items.) You can visit them in St. Pauls, North Carolina. They need volunteers to help love them.

If you have a blind cat don't let him get killed by giving him up to a shelter - bring him to this place. And here is the website: http://www.blindcatrescue.com/ . Please, I say please, help the blind cats. I don't want them to get killed. Also, someone very mean came and tore up (hacked) the web page where they have stuff all about the cats who have died.

It is very sad and I'm not going to get rid of Rigby. That is him in the picture. He's so cuddly! There is barely any difference between a blind cat and a regular cat - just that they can't see. They don't have to see you. Would you kill a blind person? Not I! My grandma, Bubby, lost her eye and I would do anything to have her back. You know it is not about the eyes, just about the love. Help these sweet babies and the people who take care of them.

No comments: