Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Yard Sale

Saturday, we had a yard sale. I was raising money also, by setting up a lemonade stand. The lemonade, lemonade powder, bottled water and freezer pops were for raising money to buy a Hospice brick for my Grandma Bubby (The brick will have her name on it and will be in the rose garden at the Hospice Center.) I have raised or saved half of what I need.

I also sold homemade dog cookies and that money was to sponsor a homeless animal at the SPCA. There was nothing in those dog cookies that could hurt you, just some chicken bouillon (recipe from the SPCA.) Some people who could not understand English came and bought some dog cookies after we said (over and over) they were not for people. They got down our driveway and gave it to their toddler baby! I bet he hated it.

Also, some freak came and said she did not have any money to me and then tried to get my mom to buy something from her (at my mom's yard sale.) Then she asked about a shelf we were selling and I remember her saying she didn't have any money.

Then this scrag lady came and said a lot of nasty stuff to some nice people of a different race. She was ripping us off, too, wanting stuff for half price and telling us of all of her stupid troubles, which was why she was broke. Then she was asking for more stuff and pulling a wad of money from her purse. She said to prove it (her being broke) look at my front window of my car. It had blue duct tape on her front window. What a bowl of lies.

Here is a lesson on yard sales. By putting a yard sale sign up, it means a lot of crazy freaks will come stomping around in your yard, but you can get rid of stuff and get some money if you don't mind freaks.

No comments: